Why can’t I share on Facebook?
– Make sure that you have the latest version of Word Alert installed (at least 2.0.2)
– Make sure that you are logged into Facebook in the Settings app
Facebook sharing stopped working for users that have the latest Facebook app installed (as of April 24th). Facebook is no longer allowing users to share text that they didn’t type or paste into the form. If you want to share verses on Facebook you have 2 options.
1. Delete the Facebook app, text sharing will start working again. If it still doesn’t work, try restarting your device.
2. Follow these steps:
– Tap the Facebook button in the share menu
– The verse will be automatically copied to your clipboard
– Paste the verse into the text field
We are sad to hear that Facebook stopped allowing this. All you have to do is tap Facebook, paste, then send.
The Fine Print:
Why don’t you have my favorite Bible translation?
We are planning to add support for different Bible translations in a future version. It will be quite a bit of effort so we thank you for your patience!
Why am I not receiving notifications?
The most common cause is that notifications for Word Alert are disabled in the system Settings. Please look in the Settings App, Notifications, Word Alert, and make sure that notification permissions are enabled. If it’s not working once notifications are enabled and you have set a time on the Alert tab please let us know!
Why can’t I share verses on Twitter?
In order to share on Twitter from within the app, you will need to go into the Settings app and make sure you are logged in.